« Home | Shore Promenade » | FDR Drive » | Mini's Are In :D » | Another Faith » | White Board » | Evening Walks » | A One Day Road Trip » | I Got The Power (lol) » | Just Another Day » | On The Road Again »

Out Across The Endless Seas

Sanctuary



i took this picture in january. thandi hawa was torture to my hands. my cousin was here from washington d.c, she wanted me to take some pics of her. so i did. but i made her looked depressed. however, she owes me money now. hehe. this was random but turned out nice. after taking this picture i walked back to the car and "don't know why" by norah jones was on the radio. that song always reminds me of this picture, and vice versa.

you've got gorgeous shots here.
wow!

HEY!! IT DOES REMIND U OF NORAH JONES!! its one of my favs!!

First of all, you need to fix your template. I could help you out if you want me to. That would enhance your blog a lot.

And yes, beautiful pic. I would have liked more of that dramatic sky than the water.

Good selection of object/scene.

Gray dominating overcast with grayish waters, lack of color, un-interesting sky and nearly central horizon line (recommended 1/3 forground/sky ratio or vice versa)are downers inherent to the image, some of which cannot be corrected.

Natasha: I hope you don't mind my "merciless critique".

hiba: thanks! :D

ozair: yeah it's one of my all time faves too.

mohib: thanks for the advice. i'll work on it, once i'm over with my exams.

nauman: *ahem ahem* (nervously clearing my throat*) yes you have managed to dissect every pixel. haha. yes it was merciless. and thanks for complimenting the selection of object/scene. honestly half of the stuff you said went over my head. seriously i mean i'm not all that into technicality. i'm just trying to practice. when i take courses i'm sure i'll be able to understand fully what you're saying. acha na i'm just kid, i'm just a beginner. but i don't mind. just make it simpler next time. haha :)

Natasha:

I liked the way you respond to a critique. You definitely have the potential. Add passion to it.

Don't forget the technicalities, though. Both the potential and passion needs to be refined and polished with technical reading and lots and lots of practice.

I remember shooting a hundred feet roll of Kodachrome in a sigle day during a fall foliage season, only to ruthlessly edit/discard 99% of the images that I took.

I'll try to be less technical and more human next time, but no promises.

suleman: thanks!

nauman: i agree with what you're saying. i will get some books on photography inshAllah* and also do some short courses in the future. wish me luck. thanks again for the encouragement! :D

Best way to learn is to join a local camera club. There are some in the vicinity. Memberships of most are completely free and they meet once or twice a month in a local church or school.

See :http://www.psaphoto.org/cameraclubs/camclbny.htm

Going to a local Barnes and Noble bookstore or the local libraries are also the best resources.

Courses are expensive and would be less than ideal for a student. You have better uses for this money.

Of course, kiddo, I wish you the best.

Sorry the link got truncated.

http://www.psaphoto.org/cameraclubs/camclbny.htm

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Natasha
  • From Brooklyn, New York, United States
  • http://flickr.com/photos/natashajahangirbutt/ | and since i killed blogger, http://tashamotee.wordpress.com | be a happy picture everyone :)
My profile
  • and it's only me, empty handed
  • with a childish grin, and a camera - Michelle Branch
  • Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter - Ansel Adams
  • There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is! - DeGriff
  • My portraits are more about me than they are about the people I photograph - Richard Avedon
  • If you are not passionately devoted to an idea, you can make very pleasant pictures but they won't make you cry - Ruth Bernhard
  • Links