« Home | Cherry Season » | Out Across The Endless Seas » | Shore Promenade » | FDR Drive » | Mini's Are In :D » | Another Faith » | White Board » | Evening Walks » | A One Day Road Trip » | I Got The Power (lol) »

Colors And Rhyming

Yellow So Sunny And Mellow.


(i didn't like the original picture that much, so i just used some effects)

Orange? Nothing Rhymes With Orange

lovely orange blooms

The orange flowers are beautiful. The first one looks more like a water-color painting. I love that too. :-)

I don't like the brick wall on the modified version. Original one could have been better with shallower DOF.

Nice try, both.

What camera do you use, Natasha?

hiba: it does doesn't it. hehe :P

jnarin: thanks! and how come you don't have a blog? no fair :S

mohib: (sigh*) i try, i honestly try. and what's DOF? hehe :P. i use an Olympus C-740. (which will be put out of it's misery, if only i could get my hands on a few of them benjamin franklins* :D)

Good attempt to salvage an otherwise ordinary image.

Disproportionately increased number of buds than flowers alters the natural balance and the brick wall in the background forces the scene into an urban setting. Overall the altered image looks busy and lacks a focal point.

Keep on experimenting, you are on the right track.

I do have a blog. Click here. It's just that the snaps that I take suck (big time!). I've just started experimenting. :-)

@ natasha

DOF is depth of field, there are a lot of tutorials available on the net on the subject. Please google it.

You know what, you have *that* eye for photography, just need to hone up your skills.

And, Olympus C-740 is a pretty decent camera.

I love your new profile pic, did you take it yourself?

Best,
Mohib

For some odd reason..I cant see your latest pictures :S and am reading all so nice comments abt themm.. and i feel so left out :(
heyy..I have to agree big time with Mohib.. a real stylish pic on ur profile, is that u girlie ??
Oh I guess shud log off and study for my exam :|

everybody seems like a bleedin expert with a camera! hehehe!! :D! khair all ill say is that i like it! original acha hai... ooper wala bhee :D

have to say...there is gorgeous light wherever you live.
absolutley gorgeous light.
:)
so what camera DO you use?

ignore the camera question...
i just read.
:)

namuan: this time i totally got what you were saying. you've kept your promise. hehe. and you're right the brick wall kind of broke the whole feel.

jnarin: yay! and your blog doesn't suck. for pete's sake dude!!! that snickers pic was aweome :D

mohib: thanks for the info. will look into it. yeah the camera is good, but i want to buy a better one now. and yeah as vain as that may sound i did take that picture myself. was playing around with the light settings and goofing around with my sister. the end result was this. hehe. thanks! :P

ayesha: i'll try to fix that problem. yup thats me :D

ozair: thanks dude!

kay: thanks! :) i live in new york and it was a pretty sunny day that day. keep visiting :D. your blog is so cool. i'm linking it :D

Beautiful pictures. I think you might appreciate another site I view from time to time.
http://www.alanadamsphotography.com/

No, I'm advertising for him, just some more beautiful pics.

Finally I can see the most commented picture of urs ;)
Nice man.. must say. Have to agee with Nauman, but really.. the colors are awesome. good work :)

bud bud: thank you. and i checked out that link. it has awesome pictures :)

ayesha: i'm glad you could see them now. thanks! :D

suleman: thank you!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Natasha
  • From Brooklyn, New York, United States
  • http://flickr.com/photos/natashajahangirbutt/ | and since i killed blogger, http://tashamotee.wordpress.com | be a happy picture everyone :)
My profile
  • and it's only me, empty handed
  • with a childish grin, and a camera - Michelle Branch
  • Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter - Ansel Adams
  • There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is! - DeGriff
  • My portraits are more about me than they are about the people I photograph - Richard Avedon
  • If you are not passionately devoted to an idea, you can make very pleasant pictures but they won't make you cry - Ruth Bernhard
  • Links